Treatment specialization includes:
- OCD & General Anxiety Disorders
- Panic Attacks
- Trichotillomania or Skin Picking
- Stress Reduction
- Increase Self-Esteem
- Parental Support and Clinical Guidance: Helping Parents/Caregivers to learn Different "More Workable" Parenting Techniques/Skills for their Childrens own Personal Emotioanl/Behavioral Obstacles, a Common Example is when a child has great difficulty sleeping in their own bed by themselves.
- Increase Positive Social Skills
- Increase Positve Thinking while learning how to Decrease Negative Thinking
- Population: Chiildren, Adolescents and Adults
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Exposure Therapy
- Family Education and Involvement during the Treatment Process
- Stress Management
I am a member of the National Association of Social Workers (NASW) and the National Obsessive ComplulsiveFoundation. In 2010 I attended the NOCF'sBehavior Therapy Training Institute (BTTI) which is an in-depth and intensive training course in Cognitive Behavior Therapy (CBT) for Professionals who are treating individuals with OCDand related disorders.
CBT is the most widely and successful used form of treatment to help people who suffer from anxiety disorders. Along with CBTan essential piece of therapy to add is Exposure BehaviroalTherapy (EBT). Adding this therapy greatly increases success rates. EBTshould be done with the support of a clinician and at the pace of the client. It has also been recognized that a clinician can increase the success of their clients during treatment by occasionally accompanying their client to their environment that they struggle most with their anxiety and work on doing the EBTthere.
An example of this is that I may meet a client in the city where there are more crowds of people to work on the EBTif my clients main fear is crowded places. I walk them through overcoming their fears, step-by-step, and then slowly add some exposure therapy. Through this process it is very important for the client and his or her family to know that though it is hard and scary to face their fears and the work involved might feel uncomfortable at times getting to the end result of having successfully done the work involved that they will experience such an amazing feeling of freedom from their anxiety and in result are happier and they begin to live their lives not by fear but by trying to reach the stars, their dreams! My goal is that my clients feel empowered and confident that they can overcome and obstacle that is put in front of them!
My Private Practice office is in a comfortable and supportive atmosphere while I offer a highly personalized approach tailored to each of my clients individual needs to help attain the personal growth they’re striving for.